Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pride and Prejudice 3

The end of the book. I feel smart now, since I've been able to make it through this book and still know my own name. Ok, I'm sorry, the number of characters isn't my only beef with this book, though it's a big one. I can't stand predictability in a novel. I knew from pretty early on, that Eliza and Darcy would be married, as well as Jane and Bingley. What I didn't see coming was the influences of the less important characters on the larger ones. The Bennet sisters, Lydia specifically, caused the plot change, and the shift in character personality. That wasn't bad, I enjoyed that, but the predictability of the rest of it was annoying. All in all, I know why we studied the book, I did enjoy the book as a study, but I would have stopped reading it if I pursed it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment