Friday, May 15, 2009

Tom Clancy's The Hunt for Red October #3

As the plot has now become roped in suspense by politics, as I'd suspected earlier, I have no doubt that the ending will be some ridiculous risk taken by Ryan (Jack Ryan) to put trust into someone that really shouldn't be trusted. I've read many other Clancy novels with Ryan as the main character, and that is always, always how it ends. It is unfortunate that the ending is rather predictable, but I love reading how Clancy puts these scenarios together in his mind. It's really as if he was there, in the same room as this went on. It's as if he has a photographic memory of everything going on at once. It's brilliant. I despise having to talk about the plot of the book in blogs, because I can't stand not being able to rant without having to give, “examples from the book.” Seeing as how this is an assignment, I'll do it once. The submarine. I've read Ian Fleming novels involving submarines. Never once did I come across a line explaining that one single gauge on the panel was faulting. Not once have I read an acronym for every piece of equipment in view. With Clancy, you just do.

No comments:

Post a Comment